Sunday, May 3, 2009

Time to really get serious

I've been doing a lot lately to tackle my anxiety, but it hasn't been enough. Now, with some major life changes looming, I need to ramp up my recovery efforts. Of course, it's easy to get caught in the "anxiety-relief-forget mode," in which dealing with anxiety isn't as easy as just trying to forget about it once it passes.

I'm not talking about "attacking" my anxious feelings, as I think that mind-set can be counterproductive. I'm talking about being even more proactive in dealing with this disease. On the top of my list is really changing my thinking. I trust myself can no longer be just a note on a flashcard I occassionally look at. It must be a mantra that I incorporate into the very fiber of my being.

And there's no better time to start than right now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a perfect way to approach it, good for you.

Doug said...

Thanks, Wesley. Time for me to make this a big priority!

Anonymous said...

I had anxiety before, but I got a lot better now, thanks to www.medsheaven.com I HIGHLY recommend ordering from them, they have a section on their website for anxiety pills and the best part there is no prescription required!!! uc